Khow SueySeptember 6, 2017
White Sauce PastaSeptember 7, 2017
Chole is a delicious curry from punjabi cuisine, but is famous all over the world. The use of tea-bag while boiling the chickpeas gives it a nice black colour while anardana used in its preparation will infuse the right amout of sourness to the dish.
Try out this easy and no-fail recipe which gives you restuarent type chole.
- Tea Bag – 1
- Chickpeas (Chole) – 2 handful
- Salt to taste
- Chat Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Tomatoes – 4
- Ghee – 3 tablespoons
- Coriander – To garnish, finely chopped
For the Chutney
- Mint leaves (Pudina) – ½ cup
- Ginger paste – ½ teaspoon
- Onion – 1 small
- Green chillies – 4
For Chole Masala
- Anardana – 1 teaspoon – Buy it here
- Cloves – 3
- Coriander seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Dry red chillies – 4
- Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Cinnamon – 1 small piece
- Peppercorns – 5
- Soak the chickpeas overnight.
- For the Chutney, blend the mentioned ingredients in a blender and keep aside.
- For Chole Masala, dry roast the ingredients and crush them to a fine powder.
- Pressure cook the chickpeas along with the tea bag for 5 whistles. Remove the tea bag once done.
- Blanch the tomatoes, de-skin and puree them.
- In a cooker, heat ghee and cook the tomato puree till ghee seperates.
- Then add the chutney and chole masala. Mix well
- Add the chickpeas, salt, turmeric powder and chat masala.
- Pressure cook again for 4 whistles to get soft perfectly cooked chole.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with puri, paratha or bhatura and sliced onions.