Peas and Paneer PorridgeSeptember 23, 2017
GolpapdiSeptember 24, 2017
Perfectly cooked pasta with richly flavoured tomato sauce is an heavenly match. The variety of ingredients ranging from onion and garlic to carrots and bellpeppers offer you a flavourful experience.
A healthy and delicious kids friendly dish. Perfect way to include vegetables in your diet.
- Pasta – 2 handful
- Tomatoes – 4, blanched, de-skinned and pureed
- Carrot – ½, finely chopped
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Garlic – 5 cloves, finely chopped
- Readymade tomato puree – 100gms
- Fresh cream – 2 tablespoons
- Capsicum – 1, big chunks
- Babycorn – 8, sliced and boiled
- Chilli flakes – 1 tablespoon
- Mixed herbs – 2 teaspoons – Buy it here
- Sugar – ½ teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Cheese – ¼ cup, grated
- Boil sufficient water and add pasta and 1 teaspoon oil to it. Check if cooked.
- Strain and wash with cold water.
- In a small pan heat oil and cook capsicums till done but crisp. Keep it aside.
- In a broad pan, heat olive oil and sauté garlic and onions.
- Add carrots and let it cook. Stir occasionally.
- Then add tomato puree, readymade tomato puree, chilli flakes, mixed herbs, sugar and salt.
- Cook covered while stirring occasionally till you see oil leaving on the sides of the pan.
- Add fresh cream and water to get the desired consistency.
- Just before serving add pasta, capsicum and babycorn to the sauce.
- Garnish with cheese.
- Choose the tomatoes, which are bright red in colour to get the perfect taste.
- Taste the sauce before adding the pasta to make sure it is spicy as after adding pasta, spice will come down.