Red Sauce PastaSeptember 23, 2017
RasamSeptember 25, 2017
Have to feed your baby a meal when outdoors? Here is an absolutely healthy and yummy alternative to cerelac.
Instant whole wheat halwa. Do try out this hassle-free recipe.
A gujrati sweet dish which is very easy and trouble free to prepare.
Can be instantly transformed into halwa for your kids.
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Jaggery – ½ cup, finely chopped
- Dry fruits powder – 2 tablespoon (optional)
- Ghee – ¾ cup
- Heat 1 teaspoon ghee in a pan and roast mixed dry fruits. Let it cool and grind to a fine powder.
- Heat the remaining ghee and add whole wheat flour. Let it cook while stirring frequently. You can add more ghee if you find lumps of wheat flour. It should of a smooth texture.
- Cook till the wheat flour slightly changes colour. Do not wait till it gets completely brown.
- Once done, mix dry fruits powder to it. Remove from fire and let it cool.
- When the above wheat flour mixture is warm, melt the jaggery in a pan on low flame.
- Add the melted jaggery to the wheat flour mixture. Mix very well.
- Set it in a small plate. It should fit in tightly. Cut it into pieces using a clean knife.
- When completely cool, remove the pieces and store it in an air tight container.
For Instant Halwa
- Take a piece of golpapdi and break it into small pieces with your hand.
- Add hot water to it and mix well. Adjust the quantity of water to get the desired consistency.
- Whole wheat halwa is ready.
- Before adding dry fruits, always taste almonds and discard the bitter ones.
- Do not use the jaggery which is very hard and takes time to melt.