Tofu PattiesSeptember 25, 2017
Dal Fry with Jeera RiceSeptember 26, 2017
A nutrition-rich snack for your kids with the magic of oats and flax seeds.
A yummy snack for young as well as older kids which has a burst of nutrition in its every bite.
The goodness of dry fruits combined with the fiber rich flax seeds and oats will definately do magic to your kids’ health and nutrition levels. Again, it can be carried along and fed when outdoors.
Makes 15 pieces approx
- Oats – 1 cup
- Flax seeds – 6 tablespoons – Buy it here
- Dates – 20 pieces, finely chopped
- Almonds – 15 pieces
- Figs – 8 pieces, finely chopped
- Ghee – 1 teaspoon
- Dry roast the oats for 2 to 3 minutes and powder them.
- Dry roast the flax seeds until they start popping up and grind it coarsely. Do not make a very fine powder of it.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of ghee and roast the almonds. Grind them.
- Grind the chopped dates and figs together coarsely.
- In a wide bowl, mix oats powder, flax seeds powder, almonds powder and dates-fig mixture. Form a dough.
- Check for sweetness. You can add more of dates puree to increase the sweetness.
- Form bite sized balls.
- While choosing the dates, select very soft ones.
- If figs are stored in the refrigerator, it might take time to grind.
- Before adding almonds, always taste and discard the bitter ones.