BiryaniSeptember 28, 2017
PizzaSeptember 28, 2017
Why be away from the benefits of ridged gourd even though you do not like its curry. Here is a very different salad which ensures you nutrition along with taste. An unique colourful salad whivh will definately appeal your taste buds.
- Ridged gourd (turai) – 2, finely chopped
- Capsicum – 1, finely chopped
- Tomato – 2, finely chopped
- Flattened rice (poha) – 1/2 cup
- Curd – 1.5 cups
- Coconut – 2 tablespoon, grated
- Salt to taste
- Coriander – 2 teaspoon, finely chopped
- Mustard seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- Urad dal (white) – ½ teaspoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mix chopped ridged gourd, capsicum and salt. Let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Squeeze out the water from the ridged gourd and capsicum.
- Then add poha, tomatoes, curd, coconut and coriander. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a small tadka pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add urad dal and wait till they change colour. Add curry leaves.
- Add the tadka in the salad mixed above.
- Always taste the ridged gourd before chopping. If bitter, discard it.
- You can add more of curd if the salad feels dry.