A Dust Free Home is no longer enoughOctober 11, 2017
Dear Son, I want you to fulfill my ExpectationsOctober 14, 2017
A winter warmer dish which is loaded with vegetables, beans and pasta. This soup is fast to make, filling for the tummy and delicious for the tongue.
- Tomatoes – 4
- French beans – 6 to 7 (3 – 4 roughly chopped, remaining – slant chopped)
- Carrot – 1 ( ½ – rougly chopped, ½ – slant chopped)
- Cabbage – ¼ cup, shredded
- Capsicum – ½, slant chopped
- Potato – 1 small
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Red kidney beans (rajma) – 2 handful
- Pasta – 2 handful
- Cinnamon – ½ inch stick
- Cardamom – 1
- Cloves – 2
- Whole black pepper – 4 to 5
- Ginger-garlic paste – ½ teaspoon
- Garlic paste- ½ teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 tablespoon
- Mixed herbs – 1 tablespoon
- Pepper powder – ½ teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste (optional)
- Butter – 2 tablespoon
- Cheese – to garnish, grated
- Soak the red kidney beans overnight. Pressure cook till done. Keep it aside.
- Boil sufficient water and add pasta and 1 teaspoon oil to it. Check if cooked. Strain and wash with cold water. Keep the pasta aside.
- In a pressure cooker roughly chop tomatoes, 3 to 4 french beans, ½ carrot, potato and 1 tablespoon of shredded cabbage.
- Add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, whole black pepper and ginger-garlic paste to it. Pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Once done, grind it and filter it. Keep it aside.
- In a deep pan, heat butter and sauté garlic paste and onions.
- Then add slant chopped french beans, carrot, capsicum and cabbage one after the other. Cook till done.
- Add red chilli powder, mixed herbs, pepper powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add the above made filtered soup in it. Add water and let it boil to get the desired consistency. Let it be a little thick.
- Before serving, add the cooked rajma and pasta to the soup. Top it with grated cheese and serve hot.