Malai Methi PaneerOctober 23, 2017
Bitter Gourd CurryOctober 27, 2017
Snake gourd is said to be one of the most nutritious vegetables in Indian cuisine with immense medicinal values. A healthy side dish which goes very well with chapati as well as rice.
Do try out this unique raita which is tasty as well as healthy.
- Curd – 3 cups, whisked
- Snake Gourd – 1 small
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Mustard seeds – 1/4th teaspoon
- Urad dal – 1/4th teaspoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Ginger paste – ½ teaspoon
- Green chilli paste – 3/4th teaspoon
- Coconut – 2 tablespoons, grated
- Coriander – 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 teaspoons
- Peel the snake gourd, slit from the centre, remove seeds and finely chop.
- In a pan, heat oil and splutter mustard seeds and urad dal.
- Add curry leaves, asafoetida and onions. Sauté well.
- Then add chopped snake gourd and cook covered. Stir in intervals.
- Once done, add salt, ginger paste and green chilli paste. Let it cool.
- Add coconut and coriander.
- Mix in whisked curd. Taste and vary the salt and green chilli paste.
- Serve cold.