Bitter Gourd CurryOctober 27, 2017
Vegetable Cheese DaliaNovember 8, 2017
Bottle gourd is a very versatile vegetable, which absorbs the flavours it is cooked with. Here is an apt combination of spices to give you a lip- smacking curry which is enjoyed by all and with chapati or rice, alike.
- Bottle gourd – 1 medium, peeled and chopped to small chunks
- Urad dal – 1 tablespoon
- Split chickpeas (chana dal) – 1 tablespoon
- Whole dry red chillies – 5
- Mustard seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Coconut – 2 teaspoon, grated
- Coriander – to garnish, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 teaspoons
- Dry roast ural dal, chana dal and whole dry red chillies. Grind them well and keep aside.
- Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add turmeric powder, asafoetida, curry leaves and chopped bottle gourd. Mix well.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally. Let it cook till bottle gourd turns soft and is cooked.
- Then add the above grinded powder, salt and coconut. Mix well.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot with chapatti or rice.