Baigan BhartaNovember 10, 2017
South Indian Sesame Seeds Curry with RiceNovember 29, 2017
Bored of cooking and eating French beans the same old style? Try out this new twist to the everyday curry with few simple ingredients. Bright green beans standing out in the whitish red gravy, not only makes it tasty but also visually appealing.
- French beans – ½ kg, finely chopped
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Asafoetida – ¼ tsp
- Green chillies – 2, slit
- Red chilli powder – 1.5tsp
- Curd – 2 cups, beaten well
- Cashew nuts – 10 – 12 pieces, halved
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt to taste
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Coriander – to garnish, finely chopped
- Boil French beans by adding sufficient water till completely done. Keep aside.
- Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Then sauté cashew nuts till it changes colour.
- Add asafoetida, green chillies and curry leaves.
- Add the boiled French beans and red chilli powder to it. Mix well.
- Add curd, salt and sugar. Let it cook while stirring occasionally till the curd doesn’t separate.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with chapattis.