South Indian Sesame Seeds Curry with RiceNovember 29, 2017
TheplaJanuary 6, 2018
A refreshing power packed salad, which can be enjoyed with meals and as a mid-day snack when you are in a mood to have something healthy as well as tasty. Cooked with South Indian Style with flavours of coconut and pomegranate makes this salad thoroughly enjoyable.
- Green gram (moong) – ½ cup
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Urad dal (split urad without skin) – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Green chilli – 1, slit
- Coconut – 1tbsp, shredded
- Pomegranate – 2tsp
- Coriander – 1tsp, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2tbsp
- Soak the moong overnight or for 6 to 8 hours. Drain the water, tie it in a kitchen towel and place the cloth in an air tight container. Keep in a warm place for 6 to 8 hours again. The result will be sprouted moong. Keep aside.
- In a broad pan, heat oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Then add urad dal and let it turn brown.
- Add curry leaves, slit green chilli and sauté onions.
- Add sprouted moong and salt. Mix well. Let it cool.
- Then add shredded coconut, coriander and pomegranate.
- Serve at room temperature.