Sprouted Moong SaladDecember 19, 2017
Matar Makhana KebabFebruary 27, 2018
A flavoured flat bread recipe from Gujrati cuisine which has the goodness of fresh fenugreek leaves. A great way to incorporate green vegetables in your kids’ meals.
It is a very handy recipe for lunch box as well as Tiffin box while travelling with or without kids. On a journey or when outdoor with kids, not only theplas are tasty with an aromatic flavour of fenugreek leaves, but even convenient and satisfying.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1.5 cups
- Fenugreek leaves (methi) – 2 cups, finely chopped
- Sesame seeds – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Green chilli paste – 1tsp
- Curd – 2tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2tsp
- Water – to knead
- Mix the above ingredients and knead semi soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 10 medium sized balls.
- Flatten the balls and roll out a thin chapatti with the help of more wheat flour.
- On a hot tawa, cook the chapatti on both sides using oil.
- Serve with curd or without curd.
- Roll out the chapattis immediately after kneading the dough. DO NOT let the dough rest.
- In case you want to prepare it before hand, half cook the thepla on the tawa without oil. Cook it using oil when you want to serve.
- It tastes great even if it is not hot.
- You can replace fenugreek leaves with grated bottle gourd and chopped coriander leaves.
- When travelling, if you want to keep the theplas fresh for more than 2 days, knead the dough using curd and no water.
- Limit or omit green chilli paste for kids.