A savoury snack which is enjoyed by everyone, right from kids to adults. The goodness of makhanas and peas makes this dish extremely healthy and guilt free. Do try out this easy and appealing munching.
A great snack for kids and finger food for babies as well.
• Peas – 2 cups, boiled
• Makhana (Puffed lotus seeds) – 2 cups
• Green chillies – 2
• Cashew nuts – 4 tbsp
• Pepper powder – ½ tsp
• Garam masala – ½ tsp
• Oil – 3 to 4tbsp
• Salt to taste
1. Heat 1tbsp oil and sauté makhanas till crisp. Keep aside.
2. In the same pan, sauté cashew nuts till they start changing colour. Keep aside.
3. In the same pan again (without adding any extra oil) sauté boiled peas for few minutes. Keep aside.
4. Grind makhana and cashew nuts together to a fine powder.
5. Grind peas and green chillies to a fine green paste.
6. Mix makhana-cashew powder, green paste, salt, garam masala and pepper together.
7. Make small balls and flatten them to get tikki shaped kebabs
8. Shallow fry on hot tawa using 2-3tbsp oil till they turn brown and crisp on both sides.
9. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
• For kids, cook the kebabs in ghee. Omit or adjust green chillies accordingly.