I wish I was Never a MotherMarch 3, 2018
This soup lures the smoky aroma of corn and capsicum, making your mouth water even while cooking it! The vibrant flavours of onion, garlic and flame roasted capsicum beautifully contrasts the soothing base of corn.
Do try out this unique variation of corn soup and give me a feedback.
- Big corn on the cob (Bhutta) – 1 (about 250gms)
- Green capsicum – 1
- Vegetable seasoning cubes (Maggi) – 2
- Onion – 1/2, finely chopped
- Garlic – 1/4 tsp, finely chopped
- Coriander leaves – 1tsp, finely chopped
- Lemon juice – 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Butter or olive oil – 3tbsp
- Roast whole corn on a naked flame, turning sides constantly till brown specks appear all over it.
- Remove from fire. Scrape the corn niblets with the help of a knife from the cob. Keep aside 2tbsp of corn for garnishing.
- Wash and pat dry the capsicum. Pierce a fork in it and roast it on a naked flame till it becomes black from various sides. Let it cool. Finely chop.
- Crush the seasoning cubes and mix with 1.5 cups of warm water. Keep aside.
- Heat butter or oil in a deep pan and saute onions till soft.
- Add garlic and roasted corn niblets, Cook for 2minutes on medium flame.
- Add seasoning cubes infused water, capsicum and salt. Let it cook till 1 boil.
- Lower the heat and cook covered for 5minutes.
- Remove from fire and let it cool. When done, blend coarsely in a mixer.
- Put this paste in the saucepan again and return to fire. Add water as per the consistency you desire.
- Add coriander, lemon juice and mix well. Give 1 boil and let it simmer for a minute.
- Garnish with corn niblets and serve hot.