By Cynthia Parzych
Walk throughout the battlefield of Antietam with those that fought there
The conflict of Antietam, waged on September 17, 1862, marked the bloodiest unmarried day's struggling with in American heritage. 5 days later, President Abraham Lincoln issued the initial Emancipation Proclamation. This publication brings you face-to-face as by no means ahead of with the folks and occasions that formed this epic occasion. It features:
- An advent discussing the heritage and upkeep of the present-day site
- A timeline that provides additional texture to the background described
- Concise biographies of key participants
- A historic tour
- the place to stick and consume, and locations to go to within sight
- Archival and colour photographs throughout
- PopOut maps—an archival map exhibiting the conflict because it unraveled, and one other exhibiting a similar place this day
About the Timeline series
These special books carry you head to head with the folks and occasions that experience formed American heritage and who've left their mark on a number of the nation's most crucial old landmarks and destinations.
Read Online or Download Antietam: A Guided Tour Through History (Timeline) PDF
Similar us travel books
Specific descriptions and maps of 40 of the easiest bicycle rides in Ohio, from effortless afternoon jaunts to multi-day tours.
Paddling ny is the single e-book out there to depict routes and locations around the entire of new york and the recent York urban sector. And it showcases 50 of the superior. it's a various choice, too. in spite of everything, in response to ability point, climate, own temper, and different components, a paddler might want open, quickly water in the future, yet a quiet, safe adventure at over again, and whatever in-between in a while.
Welcome to colourful Colorado, domestic of the notorious Stanley resort, ghostly urban parks, and naturally the very best mountain viewing round. simply beware of ghostly hitchhikers. writer Kailyn Lamb seems to be at destinations in the course of the nation and dives head first into the historical past at the back of the ghosts and what made them remain.
A unusual survival consultant to New York's Capital District. With new and up to date entries on every little thing from nutrients, procuring, and the humanities to humans, historical past, and locations to go to, The Smalbanac 2. zero is a wry, affectionate, and functional advisor to big apple State’s capital urban and surrounding sector. full of details, this consultant is ideal not just for viewers, new scholars, and people moving to the world but in addition for long term citizens who are looking to get out in their convenience zones and discover the numerous hidden—and a few not-so-hidden—treasures the realm has to supply.
- 49 Ways to Make a Living in the USA
- A Paddler's Guide to Everglades National Park
- Scenic Driving Arizona, 3rd
- Rocks, Gems, and Minerals (Falcon Pocket Guides)
- Moving to Greater St. Petersburg: The Un-Tourist Guide
- Lost Ski Areas of Southern Vermont
Additional info for Antietam: A Guided Tour Through History (Timeline)