By Angela Y. Davis
In Are Prisons Obsolete?, Professor Davis seeks to demonstrate that the time for the legal is imminent an finish. She argues forthrightly for "decarceration", and argues for the transformation of the society as a whole.
Read Online or Download Are Prisons Obsolete? (Open Media Series) PDF
Similar criminal law books
This publication goals to check criminal responses to family violence in a holistic method. In England and Wales, as in different jurisdictions, a lot consciousness has been paid to the legal justice reaction to family violence. The reaction of the civil justice approach has no longer been neglected, yet has been a bit marginalized.
All through historical past prostitution has regularly been a resource of fierce debate; societies have both grudgingly tolerated it or attempted (always unsuccessfully) to prohibit it. With the emergence of even more overt attractiveness of all different types of sexual intercourse it has turn into extra obvious that intercourse employees who ply their exchange at the streets of our towns are a very susceptible workforce vulnerable to violent assaults and attacks.
There's a starting to be acknowledgment among pros and teachers that we have to increase new responses to crime. This booklet offers an perception into the 1st creation of restorative justice to the legal justice procedure within the Republic of eire. via analysing six case experiences of restorative conferencing occasions, the authors target to handle the salient query of the way restorative conferencing for younger offenders can facilitate an trade strategy wherein different types of reparation and social rules might be accomplished.
Systematisch aufgebaut spannen die Autoren dieses Lehrbuchs den Bogen von der historischen Entwicklung über die Ursachen der Delinquenz junger Menschen, die Voraussetzungen der Ahndung von Fehlverhalten, die Sanktionsmöglichkeiten und die Besonderheiten des Jugendstrafverfahrens bis hin zu Vollstreckung und Vollzug.
- Sexual Exploitation of Teenagers: Adolescent Development, Discrimination, and Consent Law
- Harsh Justice: Criminal Punishment and the Widening Divide between America and Europe
- Die Entscheidung des EGMR in "Furcht gegen Deutschland" und die Auswirkungen in Deutschland (German Edition)
- Informants, Cooperating Witnesses, and Undercover Investigations: A Practical Guide to Law, Policy, and Procedure, Second Edition (Practical Aspects of Criminal and Forensic Investigations)
- Crime and Criminology (Aspen College Series)
- Resolución de supuestos prácticos de Derecho Penal (Derecho - Práctica Jurídica) (Spanish Edition)
Extra info for Are Prisons Obsolete? (Open Media Series)